Our venues in Rovaniemi
Poropirtti, Bear's Den, Kotisaari Island and Villa Maria are our Venues in Rovaniemi.
The original spirit of Lapland. With the stories of more than 110 years on its logs, a huge fireplace, a Lappish atmosphere and good food, Poropirtti cottage has all the ingredients you need for a superb evening. At the cottage you can meet reindeer and get your reindeer driver's license. Ceremonies like crossing the Arctic Circle mark the unforgettable occasion of your visit to Lapland.
- Dining facilities: seating for 150 persons
- Dining cabinets for 24 persons and 8 persons
- A Sámi kota for 65 persons for dinner
- Separate meeting facilities for 24 persons.
Equipped with overhead projector, video projector, screen, flip chart and internet.
- 14 kilometers from Rovaniemi, on the banks of the Ounasjoki river in the midst of the nature.
- Rovaniemi - Poropirtti; 15 minutes by car, 1/2 - 1 hour by snowmobiles
Have a look of the picture gallery of Poropirtti in this link.
The Noble Solitude and Peace Karhunpesä, built in 1967, is a wilderness-spirited, high-grade log house 30 kilmometers (ca. 19 miles) from the city of Rovaniemi. Its history is written by many remarkable visitors, one of whom was Urho Kekkonen, the President of the Republic of Finland 1956-1981. Kekkonen was a regular guest in Karhunpesä during his presidency. There he hosted many important statesmen such as Lyndon B. Johnson (the President of the United States), Carl XVI Gustaf (the King of Sweden), Golda Meir (the 4th Prime Minister of Israel) and Leonid Brezhnev (the Soviet leader). After discovering the place, Kekkonen considered it to be perfect for his purposes. Secret negotiations between nations could be held there – far away from the bustle of the city and curious ears. Both dining and the peaceful picturesque nature were something to match the dignity of the president himself. Kekkonen’s personality and the numerous stories of his visits colour the history of Karhunpesä. Good Finnish food and Sauna were important to the president. That’s why we in particular focus attention on dining and Sauna experiences. We want our guests to enjoy the steam and the delicious food just as much as the president did!
- Dining facilities: seating for 50 persons inside the cabin
- Dining facilities: seating for 50 persons in the Sámi Kota.
the restaurant also serves as a meeting room for 20-30 persons. Equipped with overhead projector, video projector, screen, flip chart and internet. Accommodation: Total for 14 persons. 4 two-person rooms, 1 double suite. A separate 4-person log cabin with bunk beds. All rooms equipped with toilets, towels, sauna robe and slippers for each guest.
Sauna: Electrically heated log-built sauna for 10 persons and a traditional wood-heated lakeside sauna for 10 persons. Swimming possibility in summer and a hole made in the ice for a dip in winter.
- 30 kilometers from Rovaniemi, on the shore of a small lake, surrounded by primeval forest.
- Rovaniemi - Bear's Den; 30 minutes by car, 1,5 - 2 hours by snowmobile
Have a look of the picture gallery of Bear's Den in this link.
In the good old days Rovaniemi was known as a legendary town of the lumberjacks. Kotisaari was the base for those hard working yet heart-full men. It's a place where you can find out about the tough but simple life of the lumberjacks. You'll be ready for a meal in the tavern after you've chopped your pile of firewood and competed in washing laundry on the shore. You get to spend an idyllic summer day on this small island or an atmospheric autumn evening when the lights of the city flicker on the river.
- Dining facilities: seating for 70 persons, 60 in the Tavern and 10 in the main building.
- Possibility to have more tables on the yard.
- Sauna for 6 - 8 persons.
- 10 minutes of boat ride on the River Kemijoki, close to the centre of Rovaniemi.
- Open from May to October.
Have a look of the picture gallery of Kotisaari Island in this link.
This unique and traditional old guesthouse was built in Northen Ostrobothnian style in 1910, and is located on the shores of the River Ounasjoki. Beautifully cherishing Finnish traditions, the main building, garner and the old barn provide a cozy setting for lunches, dinners, events and theme evenings.
- Dining facilities in main building: 60 and 38 persons in two different rooms
- Dining facilities in the “Garner” building: 60 persons
- Dining facilities in the old barn: 40 persons
- 14 kilometers from Rovaniemi, on the banks of the Ounasjoki river in the midst of nature.
- Rovaniemi - Villa Maria; 15 minutes by car
- Rovaniemi - Villa Maria; 35 - 45 minutes by riverboat
- Rovaniemi - Villa Maria; 30 - 45 minutes by snowmobiles
Click or tap the picture to navigate through Villa Maria, outside and inside the buildings.
Have a look of the picture gallery of Villa Maria in this link.