Kelokaria and Äijin Pirtti are our venues in Olos.
A cosy hideaway in the wilderness! Spend an evening away from it all in a charming log cabin nestled deep in the wilderness on the shore of Lake Torassieppi. Experience a taste of relaxed Finnish cabin life close to nature as you unwind in the soft heat of the wood heated sauna and watch the stars and maybe even the Northern Lights flickering overhead in the outdoor hot tub. Admire the forest and lake views as you enjoy a snowshoe walk, try a spot of ice fishing or just grill a sausage or two over the roaring fire in the Lappish kota tent while listening to stories of Lapland and the surrounding silence. Dinners are always a treat sat in the cosy main building with its old pine logs and roaring fireplace. And for those staying overnight the cosy cabins offer a comfortable base to share stories of the day in the living room before retiring to bed.
- Restaurant: Atmospheric log cabin for 70 persons
- Meeting facilities: the dining room in the main building also serves as a meeting room for up to 50 persons; equipped with video projector, screen and flip chart. Meetings for 10 people can be arranged in living rooms in the adjacent cabins.
- Accommodation: 34 beds shared between 4 log cabins. Cabins have a kitchenette, fireplace, WC and all but one cabin has a shower. The shower facilities for this cabin can be found from the sauna building.
- Sauna: wood-heated sauna by the lake for 10 persons. The sauna cabin has a sitting room with fireplace. On the terrace outside the sauna is an outdoor hot tub where you can relax under the Arctic sky. During the summer time it is also possible to swim in the lake.
- On the shore of Lake Torassieppi at the foot of Fell Pallastunturi, about 10 kilometers from Olos
- A log-built wilderness centre surrounded by a coniferous forest. Accessible by car year round. In winter also with snowmobiles and in summer with canoes
- Olos – Kelokaira; 15 minutes by car, 1–2 hours by snowmobiles
- Levi – Kelokaira; 50 minutes by car, 3–4 hours by snowmobile
- Ylläs – Kelokaira; 50 minutes by car, 3–4 hours by snowmobile
Skyview presentationClick or tap the picture to navigate around Kelokaira.
Picture GalleryHave a look of the picture gallery of Kelokaira in this link.
A great location for a lunch stop during long safaris or dinner and sauna programmes. The cosy red cabin hosts a large cosy dining rooms where you can enjoy a cosy dinner by the fireplace and even relax in the sauna making it a great place for parties, events and theme evenings too! In the grounds is a lean-to with a fireplace where the local shaman often drops by to perform a special Lapp ceremony…
- Restaurant: multipurpose Lappish log cabin with fireplace with seating for 70 persons
- Meeting facilities: the dining room in the main building also serves as a meeting room for up to 70 persons; equipped with data projector
- Sauna: electric-heated sauna for 10 persons. The sauna cabin has a sitting room with fireplace and terrace
- On a beautiful pine heath a kilometre from Lake Jerisjärvi and about 10 kilometres from Olos. Accessible by car, and by snow-mobile in winter
- Olos – Äijin Pirtti; 15 minutes by car, 1,5–3 hours by snowmobiles
- Levi – Äijin Pirtti; 40 minutes by car, 3–4 hours by snowmobile
- Ylläs – Äijin Pirtti; 40 minutes by car, 3–4 hours by snowmobile